Joanna Kreft was born on 31.03.1989 in Gdynia. She started to learn the violin at the age of 6 lat with Barbary Zbrzyska at the Z. Noskowski State Music School in Gdynia, which she completed with honours. Between 2002 and 2006 she studied with Prof. Krystyna Jurecka at the F. Chopin State Music Secondary School in Gdansk Wrzeszcz. Presently, she studies with Prof. Marcin Baranowski at the I. J. Paderewski Academy of Music in Poznan.
- I Prize at the I North-Poland Violin Competition in Gdynia 2000
- IV Prize at the G. Ph. Teleman All-Poland Violin Competition in Poznan 2003
- III Prize at the All-Poland Violin Auditions in Warsaw 2004
- III Prize and Special Prize for performing K. Lipinski’s piece at the St. Serwaczynski All-Poland Competition for Young Violinists in Lublin 2005
- II Prize at the All-Poland Violin Competition “Young Paganini” in Legnica 2007
- Finalist of the International Violin Competition in Kloster Schontal, Germany 2007
- II Prize and 2 Special Prizes at the VIII All-Poland Competition for Young Violinists in Lublin 2008
- honourable mention at the K. Szymanowski International Violin Competition in Lodz 2009
- V Prize at the K. Lipinski and H. Wieniawski International Violin Competition in Lublin 2009
- Half-final at the Y. Menuhin International Violin Competition in Oslo 2010
- the Finalist of Aram Chaczaturian International Violin Competition in Erewan Armenia 2012
- Grand Prix IV Music Festival and Master Class Pila Poland 2012
Moreover, she participated in master courses with such professors, as: Wanda Wilkomirska, Marcin Baranowski, Nam Yun Kim, Konstanty Andrzej Kulka, Viktor Pikajzen, Sergey Kravchenko, Erich Gruenberg.
She develops playing a mediaeval instrument: fiddle.
She participated in the International Festival of Young Laureates of Music Competitions in Katowice, All-Poland Festival of Young Laureates of Music Competitions “Week of Talents” in Tarnow, where she was awarded a concert with the Silesian Philharmonic as a prize.
She performed in Bialystok Philharmonic House, Royal Palace and Royal Baths Park in Warsaw, Aula of the Poznan Philharmonic and Aula Nova in Poznan, Town Hall in Torun, Ball Room in Lancut, Villa Atma in Zakopane, Polish Baltic Philharmonic in Gdansk.
She was awarded scholarships within the schemes “Young Poland”, FBB Musica Mundi, Polish Fund for Children, and twice by the President of Gdynia. She was also awarded scholarships for artistic personality at the A. Rubinstein Master Course in Bydgoszcz.