Patrycja Stepien was born on 17.08.1988 in Lodz. She started to learn the violin at the age of seven at the H. Wieniawski Primary and Secondary Music School in Lodz. In 2010 she obtained her B.A. diploma with honours at the F. Nowowiejski Academy of Music in Bydgoszcz, where she had studied with Prof. Marcin Baranowski.
Her musical achievements include:
- 2005 – 1st Eugenia Uminska All-Poland Competition for Young Violinists in Poznan (Honourable Mention);
- 2006 – Macroregional Auditions of Secondary Music School Students in Lublin (1st Prize).
- 2006 – 10th Bohdan Warhal International Competition Talents for Europe in Slovakia (2nd Prize in the chamber ensembles category);
- 2006 – 32nd Stanislaw Hajzer Bach All-Poland Competition in Zielona Gora (3rd Prize)
- 2009 – 1st Prize at the 19th Young Musician International Competition “Citta di Barletta” Italy
- 2010 – 2nd Prize at the International Violin Competition in Bled – Slovenia
She participated in numerous master classes of music in Lancut, Zagan, and Busko-Zdroj. During her studies she perfected her skills with Prof. Monika Urbaniak-Lisik, Prof. Vadim Brodski and Prof. Marcin Baranowski.top