Barbara Kaszuba was born in 1983 in Poznań; she is a graduate of a school of music called “Poznań School of Talent” in the violin class of Mirosław Bocek, MA (2002) and of the Fryderyk Chopin School of Music (piano in the the class of Barbara Jarantowska 2003). She is an alumna of Paderewski Academy of Music in Poznań in the composition class by prof. Grażyna Pstrokońska-Nawratil (honours degree 2007); in 2005 study in Carl Maria Weber Academy of Music and Theatre in Dresden in the composition class by prof. W. Kraetschmar – Socrates program; in 2011 she obtained her diploma at the F. Nowowiejski Academy of Music in Bydgoszcz, where she had studied violin with Prof. Marcin Baranowski; since 2007 she works as an assistant in Paderewski Academy of Music in Poznań. In 2013 she received the doctor’s degree at the K. Lipiński Academy of Music in Wrocław.
She tried to compose already in her childhood, submitting her work to critical evaluation of prof. Andrzej Koszewski, prof. Marek Stachowski, prof. Romuald Twardowski. She presented her works at festivals and many concerts in Poland and abroad /Germany, Russia, England, Scotland, Lithuania, Holland, Ukraine, Belarus, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland/. She took part in numerous radio and TV programs.
Barbara has got many prizes at competitions for composers:
- CANTABILE 95 in Kraków – special prize to encourage her for further
- Czechowice-Dziedzice 1997 – award for the youngest participant; 2002 – distinction
- PATRI PATRIAE 98 in Katowice 98 – III prize
- CRESCENDO 99 in Tarnów – Grand Prix
- IBLA 99 New York – Ragusa – V level
- Sanok 2003 – distinction
- Warsaw 2004, 2006 – (the Polish Composers Union) prize – performing
- at the International Festival for Contemporary Music Warsaw Autumn
- Kraków 2004 (PWM Edition) – Distinction
- Wrocław 2005 – I prize
- Sanok 2009 – Grand Prix
- Competition of Institute of Music and Dance – the programme Composer in residence – Polish Radio Chamber Orchestra Amadeus conducted by A. Duczmal
- As a performer Barbara was a finalist at the Competition of Music XX century for Young Performers in Radziejowice 1999, 2001; she also plays chamber music /duo violin with accordion/. In this category at international and polish competitions she received in:
- Sanok 2000 – I prize
- Mława 2001 – I prize
- Castelfidardo, Italy 2001 – II prize
- Mława 2002 – I prize
- Klingenthal, Germany 2002 – II prize
- Poprad 2003 – I prize, the special prize of European Union of Competition Youth (EMCY Art for Music Prize); Wrocław 2006 – II prize
- Sarre-Union, France 2006 – Prix du Conseil General / Familiare/
Barbara was granted an artistic scholarship by Business and Professional Women’s Club Poznań, the Ministry of Culture in the category – an artistic individuality /1998, 2000, 2002, 2006/, Djerasi-UNESCO/ Woodside, California USA 2007; prize of polish journalists – Medal of Young Art /2010/, Marshal of disrickt in Wielkopolska – Summer course in Darmstadt (2012), Medal of H.Cegielski Association (2013).
Her works are published in ASTRA, FONOLA and PWM Edition in Poland and Chiola Music Press in Italy and performed by the soloists, ensembles and orchestra /The Pomeranian Philharmonic conducted by M. J. Błaszczyk, The Philharmonic in Częstochowa conducted by Cz. Grabowski, Polish Radio Chamber Orchestra Amadeus conducted by A. Duczmal, The Tatra Chamber Orchestra conducted by A. Kreiner, Warsaw Camerata by P. Kos-Nowicki/. Her first record My Music has come into being as a part of scholarship program “Young Poland” organized also by the Ministry of Culture /2004 – 20005/.