Born on April the 14th 1989 in Olsztyn to a musical family. His first violin lessons were with his father, Jan Dondalski. Aged seven, he started to learn piano with Prof. Lidia Zaborska and violin with prof. Zdzislaw Wylonk at the State Primary and Secondary Music School in Olsztyn. In 2008 he started to study violin with Prof. Jadwiga Kaliszewska at the Academy of Music in Bydgoszcz. In June 2013 he graduated with distinction at the Bydgoszcz Academy of Music, studying with Prof. Marcin Baranowski. Presently he works as concertmaster of Gorzow Philharmony Orchestra in Poland.
He won prizes at numerous violin competitions:
- 3rd Prize at the Wielkopolska Competition of Performing Arts – Poznan 1997
- 1st Prize at the Wielkopolska Competition of Performing Arts – Poznan 1998
- Laureate of the Regional Auditions for Violin Pupils – Olsztyn 1999
- 2nd Prize at the All-Polish Auditions for Violin Pupils – Olsztyn 1999
- 2nd Prize at the Wielkopolska Competition of Performing Arts – Poznan 1999
- Honourable Mention at the 5th All-Polish Grazyna Bacewicz Violin Competition – Wroclaw 2000
- 1st Prize at the Regional Auditions for Violin Pupils – Olsztyn 2001
- Grand Prix at the 4th Warmia-Mazury Festival of Young Violinists – Olsztyn 2002
- Grand Prix at the 1st Regional Competition for Secondary School Violin Students – Olsztyn 2003
- 4th Prize at the All-Polish Auditions for Pupils and Secondary School Students of Violin and Viola – Warsaw 2004
- 4th Prize at the 1st International G. P. Telemann Violin Competition – Poznan 2004
- 1st Prize and Special Prize for the best interpretation of a work by N. Paganini at the All-Polish Violin Competition “Young Paganini” – Legnica 2004
- 1st Prize at the 1st na I International Violin Competition “Young Virtuosi” in the scope of the 2nd International Festival “Paganini 2004” – Wroclaw 2004
- Grand Prix at the 2nd Regional Competition for Secondary School Violin Students – 2007
Maksym was awarded scholarship of the National Fund for Children and the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.
He performed as a soloist with philharmonic orchestras in Olsztyn, Koszalin and Legnica.
He perfected his skills at master courses with Prof. K. A. Kulka and Prof. Adam Kostecki. He toured Poland, Russia, France and Germany.