Bartosz Kowalczyk was born on 4 January 2000 in Warsaw. He started learning to play the violin at the age of 7 at the Juliusz Zarebski Primary State Music School in Warsaw. In the years 2013-2016, he was a student of Magdalena Specjal – Barbachowska, and in the years 2016-2018, he was a student of prof. Jan Stanienda. Since 2019 he has been studying in the class of prof. Marcin Baranowski and Joanna Kreft.
He perfected his skills with such violinists as: Magdalena Rezler – Niesiolowska, Janusz Wawrowski, Guillaume Tardif, Maja Nosowska, Lukasz Blaszczyk, Maria Orzechowska, Slawomir Tomasik.
His most important competition achievements include:
- Gdansk Violin Competition 2012 – 1st place
- Polish National String Instruments Competition, Elblag 2015 – award
- „Only Music” Competition, Warsaw 2015 – Grand Prix
- 6th Violin Competition, Tomaszow Mazowiecki 2015 – 4th place
- International Violin Competition, Elblag 2017 – 1st degree award
- FLAME Competition, Paris 2017 – 3rd place
- Talents For Europe, Dolny Kubin 2017 – 6th place
- Sochaczew Chamber Meetings 2018 – 1st place
- Ohrid Pearls, Ohrid 2018 – award
- Warsaw Chamber Music Forum, Warsaw 2018 – 2nd prize